Who am I?
I’m Adam Smith, an electronics engineering technologist from the East coast of Canada.
I am also a certified technician with the Fiber Optic Association.
What do I do?
I currently work in systems development and electrical maintenance. I maintain networks and do regular maintenance on various electrical and mechanical systems around food processing facilities. I have set up wireless temperature monitoring systems for bulk food storage, and have designed multiple control panels for food processing equipment. I also spend a lot of time doing office work, working on spreadsheets, sourcing equipment, doing farm data analysis and handling general office IT.
I have experience installing and maintaining the following:
- Programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs)
- Wireless Control Systems ( 433Mhz, Wifi, Bluetooth,RFID, etc )
- Industrial Refrigeration & Heating control systems
- Electrical Cabinets
- Single/3 Phase motors up to 25HP
- Wireless temperature and camera Systems
- Business-class servers
When I’m not working, I spend a lot of my time designing models, 3D printing, programming and designing circuits for fun.